Report of the technical-scientific Commission for the study of improvements in the railway sector
Versión en castellano
The Technical-Scientific Committee for the Study of Improvements in the Railway Sector, created by Ministerial Order, was set up for the purposes of advising the Spanish Ministry of Public Works and Transport on potential improvements for implementation in the railway sector. The committee was entrusted with preparing a report on the following aspects:
- a study on the railway sector in Spain;
- a comparative analysis of the situation of the railway sector with other countries from our region;
- a review of existing legislation and proposals for improvement;
- an analysis of measures for strengthening and improving safety in the railway sector and
- a study on potential proposals for improvement from the railway sector received by the Ministry of Public Works and Transport.
- any other advisory function entrusted to it on this matter by the Ministry of Public Works and Transport.
The Committee was made up of the following individuals, recognised for their professional prestige in the railway sector:
- Chairman: D. Ignacio Barrón de Angoiti.
- D. Gonzalo Echagüe Méndez de Vigo.
- D. Jesús Félez Mindán.
- D. Antonio Fernández Cardador.
- D. Eugenio Fontán Oñate.
- D. Ricardo Insa Franco
- D. Manuel Melis Maynar.
- D. Fernando Montes Ponce de León.
- D. Fernando Nebot Beltrán.
- Dña. Margarita Novales Ordax.
- D. Emilio Olías Ruiz.
- D. Jesús Rodríguez Cortezo.
- D. Alberto García Álvarez.
- D. Alfonso Ochoa de Olza Galé.
- D. Juan Antonio López Aragón
The conclusions of the report were presented last 12 June 2014 at a technical meeting. The report's content and executive summary can be consulted on the following links.